Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Gussets

So I was able to turn the heel- with that done it's not as hard as it seemed. It's odd because you leave stitches on your needle when turning around- you don't knit all the way to the end. Bascially you gradually decrease stitches through a process of k2tog and ssk. After turning the heel I realized the Gussets are a bit of a trick as well. The Gussets are where you connect your heel flap on both sides back to the 3rd needle that has been hanging out by itself and start knitting in the round again. I was able to finish the Gussets and get a good start on the foot. I have about 2 inches to go before I start doing the toe- the final stage of my sock. I only bought two skeins of yarn- one for each sock and I am almost out of one skein. I think the cable eats up a lot of yarn. I decided to make the toes a solid color and with a less expensive yarn. Wildfoote- Luxury Sock Yarn- made by Brown Sheep Company, Inc. Blue Flannel. This skien is large enough to do both my toes and probably two small socks.

With a small amount of knitting done today this is where I am at...






When buying my toe yarn I found the best little book in the world. Oneskein by Leigh Radford. 30 quick projects to knit and crochet. Lots of fun stuff. I could not resist. While standing in the yarn shop I tried to put all the patterns to memory realizing it's an impossible task I say heck just buy the book. Now as you see it sits on my new knitting bookshelf. Made from wine crates Josh brought home for me. I had originally wanted them for gardening and when I saw them I thought they would make a great little shelf. When I am in the mood to go yarn shopping I should just look at all the yarn I have and find something to make. This is not all the yarn I have.... The thing I am most excited about are felted bowls... picture below. If you were wondering about the crates for gardening. The You Grow Girl talk I went to- she suggested growing lettuce in them. Lettuce roots don't go that deep and it makes a nice space- it can be moved around to follow the sun and warmth. I need more...



felted bowls I want to make...



a couple websites I came across while looking for the bowls photo...
oneskein blog
Leigh Radford

need to stop... I have a lot of knitting and reading to do!

No comments: