Sunday, March 19, 2006

Felt It!

I spent the morning finishing my bowls. Half way through felting the green one I realized I didn't take a photo of it before. Luckily I didn't go crazy and felt both at the same time. I have before and afters of the little pink one.

Before-


Felting is really not that easy. At this point the bowl had been in the hot cycle of the washer for about 10 minutes.



You can see where part of it has started to felt and part is still the knitted stickes.




By hand I rubbed the fabric to get it to mesh together. I let it soak in hot water and then by hand scrubbed and rubbed the fabric together until finally it completely felted.



Here are the two together


I turned the edge of the little one over- I think I like it this way better.

1 comment:

upinthecloudsnat said...

looking good