Sunday, July 16, 2006

Basil= Pesto



Pesto Recipe

2 cups fresh basil leaves, packed
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 cup Olive oil
3 tablespoons pine nuts or walnuts
3 garlic cloves, finely minced



Place basil leaves in small batches in food processor and whip until well chopped (do about 3/4 cup at a time). Add about 1/3 the nuts and garlic, blend again.
Add about 1/3 of the Parmesan cheese; blend while slowly adding about 1/3 of the olive oil, stopping to scrape down sides of container.
Process basil pesto it forms a thick smooth paste. Repeat until all ingredients are used, mix all batches together well. Serve over pasta. Basil pesto keeps in refrigerator one week, or freeze for a few months.

This is what I have planned for today, along with making some potato salad. I got some nice new potatoes from the farmers market and need to use them up.

I spent yesterday cleaning up the yard. I mowed the weeds because that is about all that's growing this time of year. I pulled the dead pea plants up and weeded through the veggie garden. It looks kind of bare right now. It's sad because I was planning on planting the cool weather veggies again in August so there would be a batch of stuff to eat in the fall, but I think we are going to be moving. Not quite sure when- it depends on how fast we find a place. We love our house and location- it's our landlords we are not fond of. We figure if we get into a cheaper place then we can start saving some money to buy. We are thinking a townhouse- they seem to be something that is in our price range. First step is to get myself into the bank and see exactly what they will give us so we know where to begin. I have that on my to do list for the next week or so.

Blueberry season is getting close to being over. I was able to go picking twice and have a freezer full of berries for this winter. I'm thinking I need to make a cobbler with the fresh ones in the fridge. I would like to go one more time. It's so fun and so cheap to pick yourself. The place I found is organic so you can eat as many as you want while picking.

Lots of sun in the forecast. I just saw that next weekend it's going to be 100... ugh!

3 comments:

upinthecloudsnat said...

call me, email me -- I MISS YOU SO MCUH - :)

Anonymous said...

Hi! Just want to say what a nice site. Bye, see you soon.
»

Anonymous said...

I like it! Good job. Go on.
»