Monday, July 24, 2006

Move

We are moving.
We found a place this weekend. After driving around all parts of Portland- and looking at a lot of dumps we found a great place. Just 45 blocks East of where we currently live.
As for Craigslist- I usually don't bother looking at anything if there is not a picture... but a few of the houses sounded so good I figured why not drive by... once getting there I understood why there was no photo. I do have to say that the house we ended up getting did not have a photo???
We are excited. When we first decided to move I was not for it. I love my yard and I love the neighborhood. We just realized that we did not want to have another winter with our landlords, we are done living on an alley and living in a house that needs work done. Our new place is great.... the best thing is it has new windows. I don't think I have lived in a place in OR that has had good windows. Landlords think you are to blame when the windows are moist and moldy...."just turn up your heat", they say - No get some good windows. The landlord is willing to put the time into the house to make it livable- she said if she wouldn't live there why would she expect anyone else to live there. I would like to see our landlords hangout in our house for a bit.
I will send off new address info soon. We should be settled in by the 3rd week of August.

8 comments:

ccb said...

Congrats on the new place..I am glad you will be all moved before the big day, that really is the last thing you need to add to the hubub of everything else!!

upinthecloudsnat said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
upinthecloudsnat said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
upinthecloudsnat said...

i can help out with the move

Anonymous said...

Here are some links that I believe will be interested

Anonymous said...

Here are some links that I believe will be interested

Anonymous said...

Very best site. Keep working. Will return in the near future.
»

Anonymous said...

Hmm I love the idea behind this website, very unique.
»