Saturday, July 28, 2007

ho hum....

so far the weekend hasn't added up to much except...

did open second savings account- BIG LETTERS ACROSS CHECK BOOK COVER---HOUSE MONEY---
in this account I will place every last penny that I can spare to go towards buying a house- or once buying a house be able to fix some things on the house, or buy stuff to put in house.

Need to be more serious about my money- though IKEA opened this week about 2 minutes from my house--- need to set IKEA budget and stick to it. I can ride my bike to IKEA- that could be savings in it self. Can only buy what can carry home on bike and riding bike would save gas money- I think I have a plan.

Rest of the afternoon spent cruising the Couve.... The longest I have been in the couve was for a the 4th Harry Potter movie and for a graduation party!

Looked at 6 houses. Of those 6 there was 1 that we liked- the only thing is it needs some work and we are not sure we can afford the work it needs- new roof on the house and the garage- and the chimney looks like it's separateing from the house.--- bathroom needs an upgrade- it's pretty much wall to wall carpet---needs new windows... all this stated the seller is not fixing anything- sell as is.

The rest of the day is left to checking out some houses in N. Portland and maybe cooking some dinner.

Tomorrow high lites- sewing class- my fabric is drying as we speak...

2 comments:

ccb said...

I sent you an email last week but it came back to me- are you still at comcast? I am booked for Mon and Tues Sept 17 & 18th but I think I would like to stay an extra night on the 19th- I think I would really like to do city grill happy hour too! lets talk! happy house hunting!

natty said...

i know what chu mean. i went to ikea on saturday and i took the MAX. i bought a salad spinner, utensil holder, tealight candles, glasses to drink wine with, some lucky bamboo and something else. so i spend $29 something. but then i made the mistake of stopping by the mall at lloyd center and bought an amazing pillow that was marked down from $40 to $9.99 and i love it, and a new shower curtain and lining. can you believe your 1st year anniversary is coming up. i read CCB's comment and it made me think of that. wow! so... with Steven coming for a visit and all, can you help me with some ideas for what to do? and what festivals, etc are coming up. see you soon... natalie
i think too it would be nice for the four of us to hang for dinner or something. i know josh will like steven. they are somewhat alike, he, he... xo