Saturday, September 15, 2007

Morning Hike

Got up this morning and went for a morning hike with Miles, Josh and couple friends. We started in NW portland and headed into Washington park near the test rose garden. It was pretty much up hill from their house to the rose garden so at first I was thinking what the.... i felt like we sprinted to the top. Out of breath we continued through the test garden- made our way to something that looked like a trail. After climbing our way through over turned trees and debris we made it to the official trail where there was a orange fencing stopping people from going down there. I guess they should have had it at the bottom as well.

Meandering through Washington park felt good. I had not been there for a while. Miles was able to run off leash so that made him happy. He is now passed out on the futon so sleepy that his lips are stuck up on his teeth- it looks like he is smiling. We made our way to the japanese garden and back to the test garden and back to the car.

It was a nice hike and felt good to get out.

Pictures to be posted later- camera battery is charging.

I have a new project to work on- well two projects. Last fall I started a pair of socks and got one almost finished- I got the magazine the pattern was in back from Natty and decided to finish the one and get started on the second. Maybe I can finish it in time to give it as a christmas gift. Looking back on my old notes the second sock is going to be just as foreign as the first. I need to be a better note taker.

Second project is to make a slip cover for a ottoman I was given. I looked on line for a way to do it and basically you buy enough fabric to cover it- place the fabric face down on the ottoman pin the sides into triangles cut and sew- done.

If it sounds odd check out the website

Our sofa is brown leather and we have a red leather chair- the rug is browns and reds. Right now the ottoman is blue- country blue- I am thinking a red flower pattern or maybe a more modern pattern with shapes.

The hardest thing about sewing I think is picking the fabric. If someone would just pick it out and say here sew- that would be great. I really dread going to the fabric store. We have a fabric Depot and it's endless fabric and it's so over whelming. Then we have the local trendy fabric store Bolt- every thing is cute and easy to see- more expensive but it makes shopping for fabric easier- so I guess to save myself the stress I would rather pay a little more per yard and shop at Bolt.

Photos of before and afer ottoman to come later- remember camera battery charging.

1 comment:

natty said...

hey you ~ that photo you saw on my blog that you thought would be a great ottoman cover fabric was actually the front of a card that Steven made for me. yay! i think life revolves in circles. well... that was such a random thought. okay, i am back, safe&sound in my apartment and now lonely. he he... when can we hang out again next? i booked myself a trip to Chicago for first weekend in November. yay!

so what are your anniversary plans. Numero Uno! if you need a hotel (friends&family rate) let me know so i can look it up for you.

xo