Friday, March 14, 2008

Rain

Sad the rain is back and it's back for the next week! I was starting to get spring fever really bad. Also, thinking I'm really going to miss not having a yard to mess around in. My patio is mostly in the shade. A small amount of sun makes it to the edge late in the day. Not that I know how far the sun will come over the apartment once we are in the middle of the summer, but I'm guessing not enough to have any fun sun plants on the patio. I will have to get a few annuals to add some color but I thinks that about all I will be able to do.

I was thinking of looking into a community garden in the area. I wonder how long it takes to get a plot and if I will really utilize it as much as I think I would. It may be more work than I am ready to do right now. It would have to be close to ensure that I go and keep it maintained.

I will have to get my gardening fix by going to the nursery and dreaming and maybe helping out friends with their yards.

I am ready for the farmers markets to start. PSU has to be starting up soon. They are the first.

2 comments:

natty said...

i'm SO sorry... but yes, i got a little crazy Friday night and paid for it on Saturday. i pretty much slept most of Saturday away and now its Sunday. we went to iKea and bought some cool things for the apartment. lights for the closet, a frame to put Steven's latest painting in, tea candles, a cute little stuffed animal (a hippo), another cheap lamp for the bedroom and well now we have to run to the hardware store to grab some nails... cause you know how iKea does things halfway... he he... miss you and call you here soon. i definately want to go with you to the farmers market. :) :) :) xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxooxoxoxoxoox

natty said...

the reason i put my comments to approval mode is because of those silly people who leaves comments who want to leave a virus on your computer. like the first one here is most likely a link to a virus. so watch out there my sister. xoxoxoxo