Sunday, May 11, 2008

Afternoon Tea


Yesterday I had afternoon tea at the Heathman downtown with some gal pals. It was a lot of fun. I believe the tradition is to wear fancy hats- we didn't have any to wear.

There was a whole menu of goodies and they brought one thing out for each of the guest and then you had your own pot of tea.


Then I went to the garden center and got some shade loving plants. Our deck gets hardly any sun. By the late afternoon it's creeping around the corner of the apartment and the very edge is getting some sun and then by around 6pm or so it's in full sun. It's going to be nice this summer not to have the blazing sun burning into the living room, but I have to say I like a bit more sun. The morning would be best. I like sitting out there with a cup of coffee enjoying a little warmth from the sun. Oh well- shade plants are fun to.

Here's a little peek of what I bought. I hope to spend the day getting them into fresh pots.











I didn't think I would miss having a yard, but I do. I miss being able to go out and monkey around in the yard. Having a yard there is always something that needs to be done. I have a hard time relaxing so even if I'm just playing around in the garden I feel like I'm being productive.

I have to be positive and think this year it's for the best with the baby coming in August like I'm going to want to be doing any gardening come July and August!

1 comment:

natalie el-jourbagy said...

lovely plants. and i enjoyed having tea with you. see you soon. and much love. natty