Sunday, July 06, 2008

Crazy About

There are two things I cannot get enough of right now.

1) Black Velvet Apricots

2) PureHeart Seedless Watermelon




Both grown in the USA!

The Black Velvet Apricots are beautiful- fuzzy like an apricot, black as the name may have given away, inside apricot in color and delicious. The great thing is they are ready to eat when I buy them. I don't have to store them in a brown bag for a week and have them still not be ready to eat. What is it with stone fruit from the store? I have the worst luck getting them to ripen.

The watermelon are nice and small so we can almost eat a whole one at a time. I try and keep a few pieces to have in the fridge to snack on later, but it's really hard.

Here's how it is- we go to the store buy a bunch of fruit, come home wash it and stand in the kitchen and eat it until it's almost gone. We cannot seem to get enough fruit right now.

I'm so happy its summer!

next weekend... Hopefully blueberry picking!!!!

1 comment:

natalie el-jourbagy said...

Perhaps we could meet up with you in the blueberry patch! I've never ever had a black velvet apricot. Sounds Delicious!