Monday, March 15, 2010

Time

It seems I never have time to post anything. When I plan on doing it after the Bug goes to bed it's a night where he doesn't go down very easy.

He is working on getting his eye teeth in and this weekend was a little rough. Out of all his teeth these are the worse. He never cried or fussed with his other teeth. These one's he has done it all. I have to say Hyland Teething Tablets are a saviour. I had to run to Rite Aid last night at 7:30 to get some. We were not going to make it through the night with out them.

We were able to fit some fun in this weekend.



My live Basil I got at the super market! Fresh Pesto in our near future.

The Bug had humus and apples for lunch





Saturday Dinner and for Dessert!




My cake did not turn out as pretty. When I turned the cake over onto a plate to get it out of the pan the top of the cake stuck to the plate and I didn't have any powder sugar. It's tasty just not pretty.

Sunday we went to Seven Dee's and found this...



... Our dream Chicken House!

We saw Dottie and Chickie and we bought lots of seeds. This years seed of choice is "Botanical Interest"

We came home and planted all of these...

Spinach Lavewa
Turnip Purple Top White Globe
Carrot Little Finger
Radish Easter Egg Blend
Kale Italian Lacinato
Onion Italian Red of Florence
Leek American Flag
Arugula Mediterranean- Rocket Salad
Beet Early Wonder
Lettuce Mesclun Farmer's Market Blend



One bed is full and the other will have soil in a couple of weeks and wait for warmer weather veggies. My Burpee Tomatoes should be shipping March 31- April 7th. Can't wait. I have never ordered plants. It will be interesting to see what kind of shape they arrive in.

Today I went and bought fencing to put up around the garden. I planted the onions and the leeks along the fence and Pooka loves to run along there and water them... and then I noticed that there were little Pooka tracks in the bed. Hopefully the fence will keep him and the Bug out long enough for the seeds to get started.

The Earth Machine is up and running. It was super easy to put together. I have put straw around the base of it since this photo. I am actually going to bark dust all around the beds and the compost to make it easier to maintain and neater. That way I can have containers out there as well.



I have left space so in a couple of weeks I can go back and plant a second round of seeds for a longer supply of goodies!

Happy Spring everyone... it's next weekend! Also the first PSU Farmer's Market! See you there????

1 comment:

ccb said...

Yay! I am so envious to read of your ability to be gardening right now. Every year anything we buy before July 4th dies. OMost of our plants survived the transplant but have been slow goingm I am feeling hopeful this year will be fuller, the iris's and such have just poked ground. we have to be patient and try and get things more established. definetly a green house in our future. when we do get good blooms the deer come and eat them anyway so a green house and some other preventative measures. I am too anxious for spring though, that is my one complaint about Bend, spring takes way to long! happy planting!
xoxo