Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Tomorrow!

November 1st I am signing up to run my first 10K.  If' I'm up roaming the house at 12:01am I might log on and do it then. 
A 10K is also called a Quarter Marathon- I like the sound of that.  I'm running a Quarter Marathon sounds way more awsome than saying I'm running a stinking 10K.
Hippie Chick is the race and it's in Hillsboro so the route is flat and scenic.  My sister n law has run the Portland Marathon twice and she is thinking of doing the half.  I wish we could run together as it's an all lady run.  Sisters, Mothers and friends get together for a good cause.  I am not at her level and she probably could walk faster than I will be running.

I printed the training schdule for running a 10K.  I modified the week days to match my gym days and rest days.  I have 6 months to train- so I can stretch out the 8 week plan and hopefully the 8th week before the run i will be up to spead and can kick it out.

At the gym I run about a 13-15 minute mile.  I would love to run a 10 minute mile.  The last run I did was the Shamrock run about 10 years ago.  I wanted to finish with out walking which I did and I think I was running a 10 minute mile back then.

This is going to be a big challenge.  I would like to loose some way on the journey.  If I don't I will know I'm healthy and fit.

No comments: