Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Turkey Day

We will spend Thanksgiving at home in our new house!  Exciting! 

I didn't want to spend a lot of time dealing with a turkey so we are doing Cornish Hens in the crock pot. 

other things on the menu....
Scalloped Potatoes 
Mimosa's with Blood Orange Juice
Potato Sage Rolls from New Seasons
Cranberries- Local berries from Bandon, Oregon
Wine

I recently was given a box of old cookie cutters that were my Grandma's and then my Mom's.  I hid them from the Boy.  Well he discovered them the other night.  I knew if he had them all he would want to do was make cookies.  He didn't care that I had worked all day and it was 6pm.  I told him we would make cookies on Thanksgiving.  I have the day off and we can make them then.  I told him I didn't have all the ingredients.  He has asked every night when I get home if I got the ingredients and if we can make cookies.  I plan on using my Mom's recipe for Animal Cookies.  They end up being really soft cookies as they have buttermilk in them! 

I guess cookies will be dessert unless I stop off and buy something.  I don't think we will get crazy and make a pie.

I'm grateful for my family and friends.  I hope all of you have a fun, safe day tomorrow.  I will be thinking of my Grandpa tomorrow when I watch the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade!


1 comment:

natalie said...

I am grateful for you my friend! How did the hen turn out?