Friday, December 21, 2012

Looking for Snow

Thinking maybe this weekend we will head to the mountain and look for some snow.  I don't think we will have to go far. 

To let you in on a little secret~ I'm super scared of the mountain

I grew up in MI and then moved to NE.  Flat people I'm talking flat!  I'm not used to no stinking mountain.  People get lost on it.  People die on it.  I know I'm probably being a bit dramatic but I don't care.  It scares me. 

When I drive over it in the summer to visit family and friends in Bend I breath a sigh of relief when I am over it and desending down to level ground.  By the time I hit Warm Springs my breathing is back to normal.  I drive white knuckled and always want to have a car in my vision.  Not like the car ahead of me is going to know that I would need their help.  It's just a nice security knowing they are there and they are going over the mountain with me.

So going to look for snow might only take me to elevaltion of a 1,000 feet! That works for me.
 
I reallly want Ben to grow up skiing and enjoying the mountain and winter in the NW.  I don't want my fears to hinder his enjoyment.

I think if I take baby steps and I mean baby steps I will over come my fear of the mountain and maybe make it to the 4,000 feet elevation where the real winter fun is.

2 comments:

natalie said...

I love visiting Mt. Hood especially when I went snowboarding all the time. I would start off at Hood Meadows, have Ben start out on the bunny hill or simply find a place to go sledding. I do recommend staying on the combed and groomed slopes for sure. You'll have a blast. Overcome your fear!!!! cos little Ben will love you when he starts playing in the snow. hehe. xoxo

Zone8 Knitter said...

Oh My Natalie. I just read your comment- seriously remember when we were blogging fools.
I need to get back on here.

Let me know if you still check in on me from time to time.